Me scruggs got some money for his birthday. he spent 1/5 of it on dog treats. then he divided the remainder equally among his favorite charities. what fraction of his money did each charity receives. if he donated $60 to each charity, how much money did he receive for his birthday?
divides 4/5 among his 3 favorite charities.
What fraction of his money did each charity receive?
If he donated $60 to each charity how much money did he receive for his birthday?
$60 x 3 = $180
1/5 of dog treats = $60.
$180+$60 = $240.
4/15=60/x x=$225 which is how much he received on his birthday originally
Fraction of money each charity received
He received $225 for his birthday.
Let x denotes the money Mr. Scruggs received for his birthday.
Given : He spent 1/5 of it on dog treats.
i.e. Money he spent on dog treats =
Remaining money =
Since he divided the he divided the remainder equally among his 3 favorite charities.
⇒ Money each charity received =
∴ Fraction of money each charity received
If he donated $60 to each charity , then
∴ He received $225 for his birthday.
$225 of birthday money
he spent 20 percent (1/5) of the money on dog treats, and the remaining 80 percent (4/5) went to 3 different charities. If $60 dollars were given to each charity, that means a total of $180 dollars was given to charity. if 4/5 of the money is equal to $180, we can divide 180 by 4 to get $45 dollars. this means that 1/5 of the birthday money would be equal to $45 dollars. so to find 5/5, or 100% of the money, simply multiply $45 by the denominator, 5, to get the answer. the total birthday money received was $225 dollars, and $45 dollars of that was used for dog treats.
60 x 3 = 180 ($60 for each charity and there's 3 charities)
180 / (4/5) = 225 (if $180 is four fifths of his total just divide 180 by 4/5 to get the answer)
Let Mr. Scruggs got money for his birthday be 'a'
He spent of it on dog treats = a ×
remainder amount would be = a -
Then he divided the remainder money equally among 3 favorite charities.
a. Each charity receive
b. If he donated $60 to each charity.
a = $225
Mr. Scruggs received $225 for his birthday.
Mr.Scruggs received $225 on his birthday.
Amount donated to each charity = $60
So, amount donated to 3 charities = dollars
Let the amount received on the birthday be = x
Given is that he spent 1/5 of x on dog treats, and remaining was divided among charities.
The equation can be formed as:
x = 225
Hence, he received $225 on his birthday.
And to know how much each charity received, we get
Dividing by 5:
Dividing by 3:
Hence, each charity received of his money.
of $225 is $60.
answer: bea's uncle is 25 years old.
given the equation , we can say that the variable "x" represents the age of bea's uncle. then to find his age, we need to solve for "x":
we must add 15 to both sides of the equation:
now we need to divide both sides of the equation by 3:
therefore, we can conclude that bea's uncle is 25 years old.
the answer would be d.
move all variables to the left side and all constants to the right side
this is the form of a circle. use this form to determine the center and radius of the circle.
( x − h ) 2 + ( y − k ) 2 = r 2
match the values in this circle to those of the standard form. the variable r represents the radius of the circle, h represents the x-offset from the origin, and k represents the y-offset from origin.
r = 4
h = 3
k = 1
the center of the circle is found at ( h , k ) .
center: ( 3 , 1 )
these values represent the important values for graphing and analyzing a circle.
center: ( 3 , 1 ).