- Overheating food.
This factor can decrease the number of nutrients in a food, making it less healthy for eating.
Some factors that account for the varying nutritional values in restaurant dishes are using different amounts of ingredients than what is called for in the recipe; overcooking, which can reduce the vitamin content; substituting cooking oils, which can add or reduce the amount of calories and fat; and adjusting portion sizes, which may make them too large or too small.
==> At a minimum, there are two categories of essential macronutrients: proteins and lipids.
As we have seen, you will need to focus on complete proteins: animal proteins (red meat, white meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, etc.), soy and its derivatives, or combinations of complementary vegetable proteins (rice / lentils rice / beans, wheat / chickpea, corn / black beans, etc.), for vegetarians or vegans.
You will need to act on two fronts:
1. Bring enough good quality fatty acids, focusing on essential fatty acids (fatty fish, nuts, seaweed, etc.), monounsaturated or "neutral" (olive oil, avocado, etc.), as well as interesting sources of saturated fatty acids (coconut oil, etc.).
2. While maintaining the omega-6 / omega-3 ratio, lowering your omega-6 intake, and increasing your omega-3 intake.
* Vitamins, minerals and trace elements
In addition to these two essential macronutrients, it is essential to stock up on vitamins and minerals.
These micronutrients will be brought to you in good quantity thanks to the fruits and vegetables, at the same time as fibers, important for the health of your digestive system.
In terms of proportions, you can consume vegetables without moderation (it is even strongly recommended!), While you must be careful not to exaggerate your consumption of fruit (because of their sugar content), and preferring whole rather than transformed.
Moreover, and because they are full of antioxidants, do not hesitate to use spices in your dishes: in addition to raising their flavors, they will bring you a considerable health asset!
* Carbohydrates: optional
Finally, you can add to this base carbohydrates, if you wish.
Indeed, the human body could perfectly be satisfied with these first elements (proteins, balanced lipids, vitamins and minerals): for example, a meal consisting of a fatty fish, crudités seasoned with olive oil and a fruit is already perfectly balanced!
==> Whether steamed, boiled, sautéed or grilled, foods lose their nutritional value depending on the method of preparation chosen. To optimize your intake of vitamins and minerals, you must choose the appropriate cooking methods.
* To limit losses with this cooking process, avoid for example too much cooking vegetables to reduce their time of immersion in water, responsible for both the escape of vitamins and minerals. For example, you can put a lid on your pan to optimize cooking and boil water before throwing vegetables.
To keep as many vitamins as possible, try to cook foods in their skin as often as possible and avoid cutting into small pieces. What is true for vegetables is also true for meats: cooked with water, they also lose a good part of their water-soluble vitamins.
* Steam cooking limits the escape of vitamins and minerals because steam cooks food without contact with water.
* Stir-fried in a frying pan or wok, food is caught on high heat and cooked without or with very little fat. Foods retain their nutrients and can be eaten crunchy. This method of cooking is suitable for vegetables as well as for fish and meat.
Overheating food This factor can decrease the number of nutrients in a food, making it less housing different amounts of ingredients than what is called for in the recipe; overcooking, which can reduce the vitamin content; substituting cooking oils, which can add or reduce the amount of calories and fat; and adjusting portion sizes, which may make them too large or too small.althy for eating.
HAve a nice day
answer (c) by causing social withdrawal;