patsy is studying different kinds of weathering. she has four pans full of dried modeling clay. some she adds water to. some she freezes overnight, then lets thaw, as summarized in the table below:
panadded water? froze the pan? 1yesyes2yesno3noyes4nono
then she compares the clay in all four of her pans. the clay in pan #4 was the same at the end of the experiment as it has been at the beginning. the clay in pan #1 had changed and broken up more than the others.
which of the following conclusions could patsy have made?
frozen clay takes up more space than thawed clay does.
adding water to clay and then freezing it breaks the clay apart more than either freezing it or adding water to it alone.
adding water to clay and then freezing it plants to grow in the clay more than either freezing it or adding water to it alone.
wet clay takes up more space than dry clay does.
Proper nouns are underlined; common nouns are bolded
1. The United States has many different regions
with different kinds of weather.
2. What is the climate like where you live?
3. Polar bears live in the cold climate of Alaska.
4. The flat plains of Kansas are used to grow wheat.
5. In a desert it is very hot and dry during the day.
6. The Mojave Desert is in parts of California and Arizona.
7. Large amounts of rain fall in the state of Washington.
8. The state of Minnesota has many lakes.
9. Florida is home to the Everglades, a warm and wet swamp.
10. The Rocky Mountains are famous for their beauty in winter.
patsy is studying different kinds of weathering. she has four pans full of dried mode...